Thursday, March 1, 2012

Prague: a fairy tale





I have been so busy this past week that I am finally getting a chance to blog again.  Last week I booked a last minute trip to Prague! I am so happy that I ended up going.  The buildings there are also so colorful, but the architecture on the buildings is completely different from the other places that I have visited so far.  The whole city is like a fairy tale.  To get there we took a bus overnight which was extremely uncomfortable just sitting there and trying to sleep for about 13 hours.  When we got there we checked into the hotel and went straight on a tour of the city to see what the city had to offer.  We stopped at the John Lennon wall, which was very cool.  There is also a very tiny bridge with a cement wall and bars.  On the bars there are locks around the bars that couples put there and then throw the key into the river below.  It is supposed to signify that their love is locked away.  Then we walked up to the castle! It was not what I was expecting at all.   at first I didn't even know we were at the castle because I was expecting more of an all stone and extremely tall building.  Turns out it was more of just a little town.  On the way back we got to cross the St. Charles Bridge.  The view from there was incredible.  Then we continued back towards the old town square where we got to see the famous clock tower.  That night we got to check out this placed called the 5 story club.  On every single floor they play different types of music.  They have the current music on one floor, music from the 70s and 80s on another floor with all the classics, another they play just techno and so on.  The next day we walked around again and tried to go to the Jewish ghetto for the Holocaust museum, but turns out they are closed on Saturdays so we were not able to go in.  So we explored the streets of Prague and found a beer tasting place.  You get to pick from thirty different types of beer whichever ones you would like.  They had flavors like raspberry, grapefruit, and chocolate.  Prague was a blast and I would love to go back someday if I get the chance to!

No comments:

Post a Comment