Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Midterms week

Midterms here are a lot harder than they are at Worcester State.  Usually at my home school they are spread out between classes by a week or two depending on how the professor schedules it, so it is not as stressful.  At my school in Italy they put all of the midterms in one week for every class, so it is almost like finals week making it a lot more stressful.  I have already taken two of my midterms and they went better than I thought they were going to go.  I have my last three midterms tomorrow and then I am on my spring break! Earlier this week my roommate Alex told me about this bar which is an American coffee shop called Astor's.  They have this awesome deal there where you can get unlimited coffee for a month at a price of 30 euro.  As soon as she told me I was out the door on my way to get my coffee card.  The major incentive for me of getting this card was the iced coffee! No one here uses ice because Italians think that cold things give you a cold so they avoid them at all costs.  Normally, they do not even refrigerate their water.  I  have had my coffee card for two days now and I have already had three different types of coffee.  They have a long list of about 30 different coffees you can get with the card.  Also you get a maximum of four coffees a day, but I could never drink that much in one day.  You might be thinking to yourself, whats the big deal with this whole coffee thing?  Well if you enjoy coffee in America and come to Florence and realize there is no Boston Donuts, Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks you will understand what I mean. 

The best news is that after finals are over, I am going to GREECE for my SPRING BREAK on Friday.  I am beyond excited!  It is one place that I have always wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment